it appears there have been a few rumours going around about the envelope draw. Up until now it has been a case of explaining the rules on a quiz night to people at Fazakerleys Bar. Unfortunately there has been some confusion when the rules have been explained on to others that could not make it to the bar on a Friday Night.
Hopefully this post will clear up any confusion as to how the envelope draw is run and how it is drawn.
Here we go:
1. The envelope draw consists of 12 identical envelopes.
2. A raffle is held to determine a winner to pick ONE envelope each week.
3. Tickets are sold at 50 cents each in Fazakerleys Bar, Gerani, on a Friday quiz night.
4. One raffle ticket is drawn.
5. The winning raffle ticket holder will then be given the opportunity to pick from the remaining envelopes in the draw. Each enevelope drawn reduces the total envelopes in the draw by one.
6. If the picked envelope is not the main prize winner then the main prize fund rolls over to the following week. All remaining raffle tickets are then invalid.
7. If the raffle ticket winner is not at Fazakerleys Bar when the draw takes place then the draw rolls over.
ONLY ONE RAFFLE TICKET IS DRAWN EACH WEEK UNLESS SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES ARE DICTATED EITHER ON THIS BLOG OR VIA FAZAKERLEYS FACEBOOK PAGE.
8. ALL monies collected by the sale of raffle tickets is put towards the main prize fund apart from ten per cent of the total. This TEN PER CENT is put towards the NEXT envelope draw to ensure there is a small prize for people to have the chance to win once the main prize has been won.
9. At the start of the draw there are THREE envelopes containing prizes out of the TWELVE in total, giving a 1 in 4 chance of a prize.
10. If the draw should ever get the point of only TWO ENVELOPES remaining then a 50/50 option is given to the raffle ticket winner. The winner will be given the option of taking HALF OF THE PRIZE FUND POT or TAKING THE GAMBLE.
11. If the gamble is taken and lost, then the draw is finished and the whole pot is transferred to the next envelope draw with 12 envelopes. If the gamble is won then the TEN PER CENT of the total pot is transferred to next envelope draw of 12 envelopes.
12. AT NO POINT WILL THE DRAW CONSIST OF ONE ENVELOPE UNLESS SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES ARE DICTATED AS IN RULE 7 ABOVE.
No monies, collections or awards are given to the envelope draw co-ordinators or Fazakerleys Bar. No profits are made by any person or establishment assosciated with the envelope draw.
Any rule changes or edits will be publicised via this website and Fazakerleys Bar facebook page.
I really hope this clears up any issues that may have occurred but if you do have any questions at all about the draw please come down and ask one of us on the Friday Night.